Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, April 15, 2005

Yarn Over

Knitting News...
I printed out the Better-Than-Booties Baby Socks pattern from Interweave online and dashed to the Yarn Connection after work last night to buy some bamboo size "0" (zero) dpns to dive in.
I'm using Dalegarn 100% Cotton "Stork" in color 4 (sagey green.)
I'll keep you posted!

As for the Lace Wrap (Pattern (#13) from Spring/Summer 2005 Vogue Knitting International) that I've been knitting...I finished it...well...I cast off and now have decided to un-cast off and make it longer. So...that'll be picked up again!

Secret pal cardDate Night!
After getting the dpns last night I met Dmitri for dinner at the Croton Resevoir Tavern. The photo is the actual seat we were in, weird. YUMMY YUMY FOOD. I had the pork chop (super think and so nicely marinaded! Super tender) with the orzo/tomato/feta side...my BF had the steak with sweet p frys. My only suggestion is when making a reservation, find out if there are parties happening...it was LOUD. Secret pal cardBut...good wine (A reisling of course!), great food and wonderful company. I'm not complaining. Check out their site...they have some interesting NYC history (see the photo to the right of the old Reservoir that is now the home of the New York Public Library and Bryant Park.)
We also used up a Dining Certificate that I'd bought at Restaurant.com. I LOVE that site. You can buy coupons for various amounts for restaurants at discounted prices. (ie: This was a $25 cert with the stipulation that we had to spend $35 min...but the certificate costs $10, not $25...and I had a 50% off code (CODE:83570
which expires today!)
when I ordered a bunch of them...so it was $5!)
Secret pal cardCheck out the site...they have participating restaurants all over the US. Just be aware of the possible "stipulations." They are clearly written. You print the certificates on your own computer, so you can buy and use that day! OK OK - enough free advertising for this service.
After dinner we dashed to the Dodger Stages to see Modern Orthodox. The cast changed recently and we got to see a wonderful cast (John Cariani, Sarah Chalke (Elliot from SCRUBS), Hunter Foster and Jenn Harris!) I found it very funny...having been called a Shiksa (sp?) a time or two in my dating past...it made me laugh a lot!

The search for an asst goes on...a few interviews have been scheduled for next week. May it be an easy search...PUH-LEEEEASE! Back to work I go.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

your welcom for the RAOK:) sounds like you had a great date night!!! i will check out that resturant page. good luck with the asst. search, interviewing people can be trying:0

4:34 PM

 
Blogger Dmitri said...

Actually they were Cajun Sweet Potato fries, and they absolutely RAWKED! The play was ok. As someone with minimal exposure to the Jewish culture, I knew I was missing out on a fair portion of the humor. Still, it was nice to see a play. I hope that the Dodger Stages get some more interesting shows as I rather liked the venue.

8:54 PM

 
Blogger CynCyn said...

Are these going to be your first pair of socks? I'm considering trying to make a pair. Kind of intimidating though!!

8:42 AM

 
Blogger Agnes said...

Is that your date commenting here? Wow ... he knits too!
Thanks for the heads up for the restaurant page ... will certainly check it out.

11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home