Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Saturday, April 09, 2005

BACK...BACK in the USA

Thanks for all of your well-wishes as I traveled...I landed last night from my many-a-week business trip. Got most everything done...and got the least amount of sleep ever recorded on one of these trips so far. (PSST...Still looking for a new assistant...resumes should start rolling in this week!)

It's already been a crazy CRAZY weekend...it will round out like this: wake (NY), birthday party (MA), funeral (NY)...and me passing out of exhaustion by Tuesday.

KNITTING NEWS:
Ever had one of those - how the heck did THAT happen - days?
That was me yesterday...call it a mix of sleepless nights, jetlag and bouncing from one car/plain/train to the next... I LOST A BALL OF YARN somewhere between China and Taiwan!!! (Tahki Cotton Classic Hot Pink (#3450).) How? Who knows!
So what does this mean???
This means that I was NOT able to finish the Petite Chic (from Minnow Knits by Jill Eaton ~ p. 73) dress for my Niece's birthday party tomorrow (which I have flown to to attend between the wake and funeral back in NY...) so...I'll have to mail it up (definately NOT as fun because I will likely NEVER see her in it after all of that work.) I mean, I'll see a photo...but you all know it's not the same. I finished the skirt and have 1/2 of the front done -- and am stopped in my tracks until probably Wednesday this week when I can hopefully get a new ball. That's not to say I'm empty-handed -- I bought her a ton of fun "chooos" (shoes) on my trip to the UK in February -- such DARN CUTE SHOES! I'm STILL wishing that the hot pink wellies with the white polka-dots were available in my size!

So...I'm working on finishing the scarf for my coat.

Yes...this is the same photo that I posted before...I'll post a new one (hopefully modeling it with the coat) in these next few days!

TIME FOR A DONATION? SPONSERSHIP?
Kirsten Jones of Domesticgirl along with JenLa and others (see the sidebar on JenLa's blog) are doing the Revlon Run/Walk for Women...and they need your donation!!!
Yes, this is, once again, a shameless plug hoping that you will click and donate for such a worthy cause as the research for a cure for breast cancer.
We all know the stats...it's either touched your family or someone you know.
Having walked the Avon 3-Day a few years ago myself, I know what it's like to raise the funds for this type of event (We each had to raise a $$$$ to participate!) It was SO WORTH IT...were I to live in LA I would have joined you ladies!!!
Instead...you'll have to settle with a donation and a BIG THANK YOU HUG from New York!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear your lost ball of yarn. I thought you would finish it very soon....

10:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is a darling dress, I'm glad you found more yarn to finish it.

11:16 PM

 
Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

i'm sorry to hear about the funeral....

that's a bummer about the yarn. but she's sure to love the dress when she gets it, it is just so adorable.

welcome back -- hope the week ahead is a good one!

1:57 AM

 
Blogger illanna said...

Welcome back to NY! Do you think you left the yarn behind? Will you be able to replace it?

10:05 PM

 
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love the scarf! i am glad you had a safe trip back to the states! hope New York welcomed you with open arms!

10:44 AM

 
Blogger emy said...

In the true spirit of a knitter, may I ask: did you manage to buy any yarn in China?

LOL

12:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home