Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Monday, May 02, 2005

COUGHING UP A HAIRBALL
(or...things I need to get rid of!)


Yes...Spring "get all this crap out of my house before I loose my mind" has hit! It hit me this morning as I went into my HORRIBLY CLUTTERED and DISORGANIZED studio to find something. Something that I KNOW I saw last week (before the cleaning lady came.) Yes, I have a cleaning lady. Believe it or not it was formally perscribed to me on a doctors perscription pad by my ear-nose-throat doctor. She's right...keeping my face out of the dust DID help to keep me from getting repeated colds. Anyway...I will be posting a list of things that I JUST WANT OUT OF MY HOUSE (Clothing, shoes, books [gulp - yes books], fabric, yarn.)
BackTackI have all good intentions to Ebay them...but time...blah blah blah... time will tell. Honestly, some of them I'd be just as happy to RAOK.
I await the rules/details of the next thingy I've signed up for...BackTack! Another reason that I NEED to clear out my studio! There's NO ROOM to work in it!

Wanna see something COOOOOL? Check out the hatching Praying Mantis Pod over on Lolly's Blog! So Cool -- I want one for my garden (Lolly - is it too late in the season? Is there a season?)

Style 4999 It's Hat Award Time

I found out today that this Wednesday one of my hats will recieve a
Milli Award...sadly I was told of this TODAY and I'm already booked on a flight to South Carolina for an overnight trip so there will be no one to accept it. They'll mail it to me.
This is the winning hat -- catagory Best Sunday Hat.
It's COMPLETELY PACKABLE!!!
You can lay it in your suitcase and pop it out the other side of your journey ready to wear to that wedding.




Style 4999Style 4999In other hat news...On the way to work this morning I saw 3 people carrying one of my bags (2 different styles) and 2 people wearing one of my hats (again, 2 different styles.)
(These are some shots from my catalog (wholesale) of what I saw this morning!)
Now THAT'S how every Monday should begin!!!
Especially when you follow that by arriving at work only to have the project you've been working on (with a deadline of Tuesday night) totally flipped upside down and backwards...
[Deep Breath] Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
OK - Let's look at it as a challage of how well I can manage my time...which means I should jump OFF the blogging...Lunch is over!
Until later...cheers!

PublicPS...My dear Secret Pal...Thanks for sharing your blog ---- CONGRATS on EVERYTHING (Turning 30, the trip and getting engaged! WOW!) Cheers to ya!



PublicPPS: TO COVET...
It is long and far between when I look at something and think - YEOWZA - I NEED, WANT, DESIRE THAT! I'm not even a "diamonds" and "gold" girl (although I wouldn't pass up some platinum that struck my fancy!) But in checking out the new lines today I ran across this...Ooooooooooooooooh. Not that I can even THINK of dropping $425 on a bag...but YU-MMMY it is... Italian Python! I'm not even an animal/reptile fan... I may just have to swing by the store just to drool... I'll keep you posted. I even have a connection at C.H. --- but he's in the orient working and undoubtedly they will be sold out before I can find out if his price is anywear near to a price I would pay (which in itself is doubtful!)

20 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Kimberli, congrats on your hat winning an award. I love it! I want one of your catalogs - - how do I get one? Me and my mother love to wear Sunday hats! I have not found the time yet to sit down and try to text wrap my photos.....I'm so busy. I think you know a little about that, right? Good luck on Spring cleaning, I did mine already. Whoa!

5:45 PM

 
Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Hmmm...Judy - Your email link on your blog isn't working...
Catalogs...sadly I can only send them out to buyers (boutiques to dept stores) since they are $$$ to print and times-they-are-a-tough! (We cut our print order by a LOT!) However, if you have a store - I can get it passed thru the system (isn't there ALWAYS a SYSTEM?)
If you are just curious to see more hats... check out:
www.betmarhats.com

They're all mine! Cheers and thanks for the interest!
xxoo

5:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award!!!

6:32 PM

 
Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

your work is stunning! thanks for posting the link to more of your hats. you are one talented lady.

8:29 PM

 
Blogger opportunityknits said...

Congrats on the award. Wow, your hats and bags are so chic. I'm in love with the blue bucket style hat and the bag with the 2 pockets.

9:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa - nicely done Kimberli! So cool to be recognized not just by your blog fans and friends for your talents, but by the public at large! Im not a hat person, I dont look good in ANY hat, but your designs make me wish I did!!

Kudos!

9:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations on winning the award! The hat is really elegant.

1:54 AM

 
Blogger J. said...

wow, congrats. Now I can say that I have knit with an award winning designer. I just typed a comment and then the interent crasshe, maybe there will be two.

4:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want that bag too!
Joanne

9:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kimberli ~ wow, you are one very talented lady, that is for sure!

the hats are gorgeous, though i'm partial to the felted ones ;)

and that must be an awesome feeling to see your own creations passing you on the street - way to go!

5:36 PM

 
Blogger Peggy said...

Congratulations on winning the award! I don't wear hats but some of the ones in your link are tempting...

When will you be in HK? Maybe I'll meet you in May. :)

3:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Milli Award. After checking out your work, I definitely agree that the award is well deserved! BEAUTIFUL WORK!

10:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF you can find the time (I know your crunching before you leave!) you can let us get to know the award winning designer with this meme *S*

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED *s* Go here for your questions!!

7:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost forgot! I found another progress bar thingy for you - Check this out!

7:29 PM

 
Blogger opportunityknits said...

Kimberli, our knit stitch group meets once a month and our next meeting is May 14th. Let me know when you're going to be in S'pore and I could e-mail the girls to see who is able to meet.

4:04 AM

 
Blogger Gewel said...

Congrats on the award. That is a damned spiffy hat! I may have to start going to church again.

7:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award! That hat would be perfect for the Kentucky Derby-a millinery dream event (especially if you were travelling from out of town...presto pop..and out of the bag comes a stunning hat) Is the award winning hat available via any online sources?

2:16 PM

 
Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Since a few of you have asked (off and on-blog...)
The Award Winner is available in Black, White and Purple (shown) at:
Old Pueblo Traders

It's also available in Pink and Red...and I'm trying to find an online outlet that's selling those colors. It's also in Sears and Dillard's stores nationwide.
Happy Hatting!

3:10 PM

 
Blogger Karla said...

Congratulations on your award, Kimberli! I love the hat! And your bag! And we have a Dillards in Savannah! I even saw your bag on someone else's blog just a moment ago. She was bragging about having bought one. :) Beautiful! I'm sure your proud of your accomplishments! :) And what a feeling that must be to see your creations passing you in the street, worn and carried proudly by ladies.

2:34 AM

 
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

How fun! Hats - I should have gotten a Derby hat from you?!

Thank you so much for coming by my blog and commenting. It's been awhile, I'm JUST catching up on emails. I think that Locks of Love will accept lengths under 5" - they sell them and use the money for wig production. But, I will let you know if I find somewhere else to send the detached ponytail! ;)

10:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home