Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Witty and Entertaining - go Martha

Public Met the girls between raindrops at Republic (of noodles) for a coconut martinin and ayummy bowl of beef cold noodle salad. Then we dashed over to the theatre to see The False Servant...being that I grew up without cable (and still don't have it) I've missed the years of HBO reruns of movies from the 80s and 90s. Thus missing many of Martha's past pictures...Martha Plimpton has come a long way since her run as the gal in Goonies! She was great in this fun show! Every charater was a character...sly, spunky, evil, silly, plotting and numb. The Classic Stage Company presents to you "theatre in the round." Something you don't get to much of here in NYC. It was an enjoyable evening. Set was intereting -- loads of old trunks, and the costumes were nicely done (18th century.)

I finished up the first sock of a new pair of baby socks on teh subway ride home from the show. I'll hopefully find time tonight to cast on it's pair. When I got home last night I spent about an hour working on the beading/sequining of the skirt I'm making. So relaxing.

I spent 3+ hours today at the Chinese Consolate (over in East Ja-bip Manhattan) filing for another Chinese Visa. It's amazing how this place works. I had hoped to pick it up next week, but -- they're closed until Thursday... why you may ask? Holiday. What holiday you may ask? Well - since they take Chinese, Jewish, American and Canadian holidays off...your guess is as good as mine! So...we have to pay a "rush" fee and I'll get it tomorrow.

PublicI'll be meeting with my good friend Morgan tonight for another show (yes - I'm squeezing them all in before I take off again for Asia 12 days and counting!) Gotta love this crazy club I belong to where you can get super-cheap tickets ($3 each!) Tonight we'll see a show that I've been wanting to see for a while...The Musical of Musicals! It's a musical that spoofs 5 musicals...in the sounds of Rodgers and Hammerstein, Stephen Sondheim, Jerry Herman, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Kander and Ebb. I'll be sure to let you know tomorrow how it all turns out! I've seen SOME musicals...hopefully enough to be chuckling my way through the show!

1 Comments:

Blogger J. said...

hmmm visa for china, would there be a stop somewhere else in the plans?

6:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home