Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, April 22, 2005

9 Parts of Desire - WOW!

9 parts of desire poster 9 parts of desire photo 1Wow. WOW WOW WOW.
I'm torn if 9 Parts of Desire is the best show I've seen in years or if it's tied for first place with Golda's Balcony. Parts of Golda's Balcony still stick with me...but I can't picture 9 Parts of Desire ever leaving me. I feel so strongly about it...it's a show that every woman 9 parts of desire photo 29 parts of desire photo 2should see and every man should accompany her to.
Ms. Raffo pours her heart and soul into this part and into the story which she, as a journalist, researched for years. As the lights rose and the audience rose to its feet, you see that she's crying...REALLY crying. Looking around the audience you see so many of the faces in the room with tear striped faces. It's not "political" as you would think. It's deeper, better - profound. Disturbing, riveting, amazing, moving...

I cannot recommend it highly enough.
There's good reason why Heather Raffo just got the 2005 Lucielle Lortel Nomination for best solo show. I'd go see it again in a heartbeat!

more later...off to dinner!

2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Hey Kimberli -- thanks for the comment on my blog -- I hope my pattern gets into Knitty but I especially am proud that I finished my own challenge! What book(s) are your patterns going to be in? Good job to you! Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

10:08 PM

 
Blogger J. said...

Tag your it

http://asiaadventure.blogspot.com/2005/04/book-meme.html

I looked on your blog and didn't see it but if you have done it let me know and I'll tag someone else.

That show looks amazing.

10:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home