Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Thursday, March 17, 2005

RUNNING THRU THE HAZE...ON EMPTY

That's how I feel today. OK OK - I know it has to happen from time to time.

What?
Today just wasn't a good day (so far!) OK - that's not 100% true - parts were Great (lunch with Allegra - it was SO NEEDED! and bought a few skeins of yarn (sale!) that I needed. No really - I needed them <-- yarn therapy. AND I signed off on the furniture that will be in my new office (end of May I'll move in) Yeah!) - but the general mood of the day -- that's right -- SUCK-0-LA!

Why?
My assistant gave her notice this morning...yes...5 days before THE GIANT IMPORTANT TRIP we've been planning for MONTHS...which means that I now get to do it all (again.)
OK - I love my job - so it's not the JOBS FAULT...but it's possibly the WORST WORST WORST timing. I won't be able to consider interviewing new folks until late April/May...which means it's going to be a few LOOOONG months -- so pardon if I don't have as much time to blog on.

Hmmm...perhaps tonight is the night to spend the buy-one-get-one Ben & Jerry's coupon...mmmm and we didn't end up opening the wine last night (Dmitri was afraid he wouldn't be able to get his knit on if he had a glass...tee hee...) but Chianti doesn't go with ice cream...maybe I'll chill that bottle of Moscato I have....

Tomorrow morning I'm off all too bright and early to Strawbridge's Department Store in Philadelphia, PA. I'm doing a trunk show! Yeah! (It's a personal appearance...I go and help customers (as the designer) pick out hats to go with there outfits/Easter suits etc.) Hey - first 50 people to buy a hat from my collection get a free hatbox! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Time to put my time management skills into overdrive.
Back to the pile of work I go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zarzuela said...

Your title today describes EXACTLY the way I've been feeling most of the day myself. Maybe it's the universe against us?! Great blog by the way...

Jessica
http://zarzuela.blogspot.com

9:58 PM

 
Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

oh, you poor thing! i'm so sorry to hear about the bad timing. you've been working so hard...now i really hope you had the ice cream! glad you got a little yarn therapy in too. hang in there, the trunk show sounds like fun -- you're a superstar!

6:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home