Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

HELLO HELLO - I'm BACK

Where did I go? No where to be exact.
I took a week off from blogging, internet and emails of non business kind.
Why? Sometimes a girl just needs to sit and read a book, relax with friends and catch up on cleaning etc.

name it again So - the last week in a nutshell (and random order):

1. Got a visit from my dear dear friend, Tara, whom I miss all too much when she's not here! We ate out, shopped and just generally chatted.

2. Saw Pieces (of Ass) with Tara. No, it's not a male review... it's 7 monologues done by beautiful women about the troubles to either become beautiful or about being beautiful. Enjoyed it.

3. Bought bedside "tables" for my BR. They are from the Stinson collection, but there are NO photos of them online. Perhaps it's because the stores just got them? I really want the coffee table too...save save save! The room is nearly done - I now need to paint. I'm also on the search for the PERFECT mirror for the walls (2 perhaps) to help bounce the light around. (Feels so nice to be buying REAL FURNITURE!!!) hee hee hee!
name it again
4. Made a gift for my Secret Pal! Ohh -- Used the pasta AND the dish towel from the lovely Secret Pal who sent such a nice package for Valentine's Day! Thanks again!

name it again5. Had a lovely night out with my BF - dinner at Roppongi, Hitch (funny!) and dessert at Cafe Lalo.

6. Made a YUMMY Brunch on Sunday for my BF and dear friends Kerry and Bill. The Menu: Banana/Pecan Pancakes, a Florentine Fritatta and Carrot-Cranberry muffins. They brought a lovely Reisling and voila! YUMMY! (Plus coffee & juice!)

7. Finished 1 project and have gotten so far as blocking the parts of the second (to be finished/ sewn up tonight and all shipped out tomorrow.) Designs I sold to a book. Yeah! Shhh. Shan't mention any more right now.

8. Worked on both of my days off that I took, and Saturday...which means they weren't days off...no WONDER I don't feel like I got a break. (yes...bitter.)

name it again 9. Bought some new CD's: Amos Lee (his self-titled debut - he plays in NYC quite often), the latest Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams (which I'm trying to get my entire office to LOVE!); Joss Stone's freshman effort, The Soul Sessions ; and Astrud Gilberto's Finest Hour.

name it again

10. Work week is pluggin' along. It's Market Week, so buyers are rolling thru...this also mans it's a no jeans, put your hair in curlers and dress right, as you are the boss.
Atleast tonight I'm seeing a free preview of Upside of Anger. Look here tomorrow for a review.

11. Met with Valentina for coffee and knitting at Barnes & noble! Hopefully we'll be able to have some more knitting fun when she returns from California --- Have a great trip!

name it againLast - but DEFINATELY NOT LEAST! Yeah - I was the 1000th commenter on Pinku's blog! So...Kat, the owner of Pinku, sent me a happy package from Japan which greeted me when I arrived home yesterday! Thanks Kat - HOW FUN!!! I may have to steal your Idea when I get there (to 1000 that is!)

PS - Have any of you submitted anything to KnitNet for hopeful publication? Talk to me. Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

i tried to comment before, but there was a glitch. whatta week that was! glad you had fun. i love cafe lalo!

hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

9:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home