Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

FO ALERT!!!

It's been one heck of a week -- and it's only Wednesday!


(Note the muddy Kitty Paw Prints on my couch! He hopped up the MOMENT I took off the "kitty protective cover!" It was a lovely welcome home gift! )

I finished my JET LAG blanket for the Critter Sitter Challangeand handed it off to Katy yesterday! Yeah! Not exactly my usual colors - but it did allow me to get thru a bunch of bits-n-pieces in my stash. And it's SUPER CUSHY -- Loco was all pissy that I was giving it away. I told him he already has two chairs, a couch and a big bed to claim as his own and there's a dog or cat somewhere that doesn't have anything. He let me give it away...Begrudgingly.

My remaining piece of furniture from Levitz unexpectedly was delivered yesterday (I had 10 hours notice that it had been changed from Feb 24th to Feb 8th!)
Of course, I've been waiting since October (It'll be delivered by Thanksgiving!!) so I wasn't about to argue! Thankfully I was able to move all of my meetings around and voila!
Yeah -- now I can take further steps to ORGANIZE!! Hip Hip Hooray!

Sadly, my good friend Allegra is still fighting the flu, so our dinner plans have been postponed until next week -- FEEL BETTER ALLEGRA!! Thus - I'll be stopping in to the UWS SnB tonight. I'm working on a little something for my Secret Pal. :-)
My BF, Dmitri, will be coming to SnB tonight -- his FIRST! He's currently swatching to make a scarf - - - he can't decide what pattern to use...or needle size...
Today he'll be buying his first knitting book!

Yeah! I've got him HOOKED! Tee Hee!

We went to dinner last night at Sushi Samba Park. The food, as usual - was DELICIOUS at Sushi Samba. We had the Yellowtail Sashimi Seviche, El Topo (salmon, jalapeño, shiso leaf, fresh melted mozzarella & crispy onion) and I had the Carnival dinner special - a Banana crusted Monk Fish over some fabulous mushrooms! Dmitri had Chicken Teriyaki ~ Samba Style (organic chicken, aji amarillo, mashed peruvian potato & crispy onion). YUMMMMY!!! ...they've opened their new lounge SUGARCANE. It's got a nice atmosphere.
NOTE: SUGARCANE is donating 10% of their take today to Tsunami Relief! Go GO GO!

2 Comments:

Blogger Delia said...

that sushi sounds awesome!!! Yellowtail Sashimi Seviche - YUM!

3:46 PM

 
Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

go dmitri!

cute blanket...you have to make another for loco now, he's too cute not to get everything he wants. :-)

yet another of your posts that makes me hungry...

11:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home