Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Monday, January 24, 2005

SECRET PAL 4 QUESTIONS/ANSWERS

Yeah -- Secret Pal 4 is about to start!
And -- I was one of the 6 winners of the "How many folks from France will sign up for SP4" contest... Winning answer -- 13! How cool is THAT!
And - there's a PRIZE...something which I didn't realize when I answered! Some homemade stitch markers! Yippee!!!

Thankfully I forwarded this list to my blackberry and was able to fill in the answer on the run! A little Cut and Paste and voila!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you
avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I'm a bit of a yarn snob. I've been using acrylics for donation projects that require acrylic. Otherwise, I love luxury. That said - if it's soft and feels like buttah - I'll knit with it!

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I...crochet

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
YES! Smoke, flowery perfumes - they kill me! I'm super sensitive to smells. Thanks for asking!

4. How long have you been knitting?
Started at age 4. Started crocheting then too!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Crate and barrel, half.com, Donors Choose

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Cinnamon (candles), H2O spa or Aveda bath products. They aren't too smelly and I don't start coughing or sneezing! A huge plus!

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
I'm simple. Chocolate Mmmmm....dark chocolate especially!
NOt a fan of candy and I don't like gummy anything (and licorice is just plain icky!) It's a texture thing.


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I knit (duh), embroider, sew, garden, cook, bake & read and am in the process of stripping & repainting my dining set (4 chairs & a table - one chair done!)...all while trying to snuggle my ever affectionate kitty.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if
your buddy wants to make you a CD)
MP3s - you bet! And I'm an iPod queen! Some musical faves: Beatles, David Bowie, Haley Westerna, Vivaldi, Jonatha Brooke, Ammie Mann, Muddy Waters, Prince, Van Halen, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Annie Lenox, Billie Holiday, Jill Sobule, The Kinks, Ella Fitzgerald, The Cars, the Andrew Sisters, AC/DC, Puccini... Basically: anything 70s or 80s rock, 80s pop, Opera, classical, swing, blues, show tunes...

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette
you prefer?
Color ROCKS! I love it all! Brights and autumnals my most favored. Pales/pastels would come in 2nd.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm single (never married) & dating a lovely feller. I've a 27lb (huge but not fat) siamese cat, Loco. I wish I had a dog, but with my travel it wouldn't be fair. Loco has a ton of Aunties/Uncles who house sit when I travel. He's NEVER put into a kennel/kitty care. Yep-totally spoiled...as he should be!

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To get 2 books published, have an internationally syndicated TV show and buy the brownstone I live in. Oh - and make enough $$$ so my Mom can retire soon!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I buy so much yarn in Asia, I don't know what they are called (can't read Chinese!) I like Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, I love hand painted yarn. Mmmmmm. If it feels good and it's in yummy colors - bring it on! I also love TEXTURE!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything ITCHY!
My hands get too dry in the winter and itchy yarn seems to bother them most.


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Making things for my Niece! Perfecting intarsia. SOCKS! And lacey knits. There's a pillow I'm designing...

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Anything for my niece and friends/family.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Fingerless cabled gloves using 4 skeins of cashmere lace yarn from Australia (repackaged and sold in China) in blood red. I've had to completely regauge the pattern because the available needled in China were 5s not 8s...and the yarn is thinner. Fun! :-)
And a lacy scarf as a gift for someone who may read this...so shhh...it's a surprise.


18. What do you think about ponchos?
I've worn them for years and will probably wear them when they are out of vogue again. I work in fashion but I'm not a total slave to it. The right pocho will be cool forever.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project. Circulare are easier for Subway knitting.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends on the yarn.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yep!

22. How did you learn to knit?
Was watching my Mom and just had to have the “how's” answered. She answered them!

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Knitting? 1 year-ish...
Counted cross-stitch (a million stitches per inch)...I started it when I was 16 and figured I'd give it to my brother if he ever got married some day. He hadn't met his wife yet...they've been together for 13+ years now...
Oh- so that makes it...almost 16 years! It's beautiful so far!


24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Animated character? Only one?
I like: Kimpossible, Hong Kong Phuey, the Wonder Twins, the Little Mermaid... Favorite animal? Any one I call family.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. It's the time when my family spoils eachother. We are not religious at all, so this holiday is all about family. It's the only time each year when we are certain we can all be together! Although Thanksgiving comes in at 1.5 and Halloween at 2!

26. Is there anything that you collect?
PEZ dispensers. I don't have any of the new Crystal PEZ, Flower PEZ or PEZ Planets. (Still looking for the old rubberhead pez's and the old glow-in-the-dark ones!)
Books - I just can't part with 'em!
Friends - you can't have too many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home