Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, December 29, 2006

Whose Dream?

Upon returning to NYC I wrapped my errands and enjoyed a coffee in midtown with an unexpected guest.

Time flew and I dashed to meet Sandi and Michelle for a viewing of Dream Girls at the big AMC/Loews on Broadway. Dream Girls... It was quite good. It played in the huge balconied theatre and the audience burst into applause a number of times. Jennifer Hudson put on a show...but...

But.

I think some of it was wasted on me. It didn't grab me nearly as much as it did my two girlfriends. Not to say it wasn't enjoyable - it's just that I saw them brought to tears meanwhile I had the thought "We know, you don't want to go. Next?"

I also think Biancé did well with the part she was given - sadly it wasn't as strong a character as other roles in the show.
I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.

A yummy dinner at Ollie's completed the relaxing evening!
Home to bed - tomorrow looks to be a long fun day!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home