Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve!


Snow update: No snow yet!!

I'm not used to having so much time in New Hampshire when I head there for Christmas.
Having this time enabled me some long overdue catch-up with old friends.

I hopped into the car and drove a few towns over to see my oldest friend, Deb, and her family (Kory upper left, Reid to the right and Nicole lower left.) Deb and I have been friends for almost 30 years. That in itself says a lot! I arrived bearing lunch and presents for the kids. Everyone seemed happy with their gifts. (Phew!) Including Nicole who seemed happy with her new knitting supplies. Yeah!!

Mostly though, it was just great to chat and catch up in person rather than over the phone or email. T'was also nice to see their new house. They've put a lot of work into it already. Craig has done beautiful tile work on the first floor and Deb did wonderful stenciling in all of the kids rooms.

I know, it's a never ending project!


From there I dashed back to my parent's house and got ready for our traditional Christmas Eve party where friends and family (my parents on the left and my brother with my niece and nephew at right) pop by as they can.

The buffet is laid out and, of course, there is always more than enough food for all.

I was so happy that Toni was able to stop by! It was so nice to be able to catch up and chat about the plans for her wedding in person. I'm Maid of Honor in her wedding in Puerto Rico at the end of February. It will be nice to share in her celebration. So much to do before then...now is NOT the time to think about that though. I'm on vacation!

Before bed Alana put out cookies, milk and a carrot for Santa and his trusty reindeer. Then we each opened one gift...Alana helped AC and Alex open Alex's gift...his handknit Christmas stocking (yes, I got it done in time!!)

Finally we put out all of the presents under the tree and into the stockings in preparation for Christmas morning traditions.

Time for bed so Santa can come!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home