Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Monday, September 04, 2006

Bring on the Apples

Ok, so maybe this isn't exactly what I meant...
The apple tree in the garden has begun it's annual raining of the apples. Dan and I collected nearly 3 dozen good ones and at least another dozen that have already been partially enjoyed by slug, bug or creature. Dan made a VERY YUMMY gallet to follow my seafood stew for our garden dinner with Jo and Emanuel to enjoy on this fine labor day. See the trio of candles... before we realized it the wax had been gently blown and that's what is shown on the apples above. I can always peel 'em!

Dan's tasty creation was gone in a flash - seconds had by all! YUM!! Our guests brought two lovely bottles of wine too... we liked them both! 2004 Joséphine Dubois Chablis Montmains 1er Cru to go with dinner and Alsace Willm Pinot Blanc 2004 to go with dessert. Both wines are a great value I think!! We enjoyed them both down to the last drop!

5 days 'till I'm off to Italy! Where does the time go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home