Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, June 30, 2006

San Francisco...
What can you do in 14 hours or less?

The day here was great!
After zooming to the hotel and dropping my bags I dashed off to catch one museum, the San Francisco Museum of Craft and Design.
They had a great exhibit on Raymond Loewy. From the SFMCD website: "Raymond Loewy was the most prominent industrial designer of the 20th century and helped shape the future of modern consumer culture. Producing everything from lipsticks to locomotives, Loewy’s career will come to life with an array of original drawings, models, products, advertisements, photographs, and rare film footage of the designer at work. (A program of ExhibitsUSA, a national division of Mid-America Arts Alliance and the National Endowment for the Arts)" It's a small museum - go check it out and support a great little spot!
This exhibit is at the SFMCD thru August 27, 2006.

After the museum I had 5 minutes in the Artfibers yarn shop...torcher! It is one of the yummiest yarn shops I've seen to date. Amazing yarns -- the gourmet of LYSs (local yarn shop)! Ooooh the textures! YUM!
Sadly I didn't have time to buy anything as I was meeting Dan at 5... So I walked the 15 min back to the hotel and as I was entering the building he texted that his conference ended at 5:30...not 5pm!!! So I could have had 30 extra minutes in the yarn shop... of course I didn't NEED more yarn!!! All he did was save me some money, which is just as well!

We had dinner at wonderful restaurant named Coi on Broadway. YUM!
A delicious tasting menu kind of place with a fab bottle of wine. The restaurant had come by strongrecommendationn from a friend of Dan's who told us to mention his name...so we did...

The staff was quite attentive and very nice. Thankfully we started the dinner early...it was a lovelylingeringg meal... we weren't rushed at all. Really, a great meal with wonderful company in such a comfortable setting. A wonderful way to end my one night in San Fran!

Time to pack...we've a 6:30am flight to Oregon in the morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home