Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, June 23, 2006

To begin with...

Happy Birthday Keith!!

(It's my brother's birthday today!)
I've popped his present in the mail and it should greet him at my folks house tomorrow!

I'm psyched -- my new Blackberry allows me to connect to Blogger so I can write up blog entires on the run (even on the subway if I open the page before going underground!) That will help me keep up! Then all I need to do is log in and add the photos! Yippee!! It even allows me to read a number of my favorite blogs...but most of the blogs don't allow me to comment from it. Hmmm...

Last night I didn't make it to see Nikki Epstein. I stayed at the office too long missing the start of her program and decided upon an early dinner with Dan instead.

Besides, I needed to be home for a 9pm meeting at my house with one of my salesman on his few hours between trips. I was able to clear out a bit more from my workroom downstairs before the meeting.

As promised, I've posted some photos of the garden! Of course I was in a rush and some are a little bit fuzzy. Grrr... I think it looks great! Dan did so much! Wow!
Now that there aren't pots and soil bags all over the deck I need to look at my schedule and plan the yarn swap. I think it will be July rather than June though folks.
We decided to put only pots in teh front section as it floods with every rain storm and washed soil all over the cement area (not shown in the photo.) What a mess! Hopefully this will work!

Oooh -- and last night I made this:
YUM! I had so much fruit (1/4lb cherries, 1/4lb strawberries, 1/2lb seedless red grapes, 2 plums and a peach) in my house that was nearing spoilage (is that a word?) if I didn't whip something up with it! I brought some for breakfast this morning )to the office.) Damn it's yummy!

Besides that I was able to unpack last weeks London suitcase and start to pack next weeks PNW suitcase as well as the Vermont case (camping!!!) for the following week.

PNW? Pacific Northwest! Next Friday I'll have a 1/2 day and single night in San Francisco followed by an early flight to Portland, OR the following day to attend a wedding with Dan.

HELP! Any suggestions of must see spots in San Francisco would be great! Any art collections?... LYSs... Boutiques? I've only had 4 hours previously in SF...yes, hours...so the 4-6 hours that day before I meet up with Dan in the evening will bring my tally in SF up to nearly a 1/2 day! :-)

Once we fly to Oregon, we'll have about 2 hours in Portland before we dash to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. It'll be my FIRST TIME in Oregon!

Tonight I'll check out Doubt (on Broadway) with Michelle, Sandi & Dan. It won the 2005 Pulitzer Prize for Drama. I'll be sure to let you know how it was!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Your garden looks very inviting. I hope you can find the time to sit out there and enjoy it!
Sarah

12:58 PM

 
Blogger Delia said...

Your garden looks fab....

As for SF, Imagiknit is pretty freaking incredible. It's near the Castro but heads up, it's gay pride weekend so it will be crazy-nuts in that area!

4:33 PM

 
Blogger Judy said...

Your garden turned out really nice! Thanks for sharing.

12:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home