Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Yum - Double Yum!
Monday night we went to Nero down in the Meatpacking District for a 5 course wine tasting dinner...
Not just ANY wine tasting - but a full Mionetto Valdobbiadene Prosecco Tasting! I'd never heard of that-- 5 courses of sparkling wines - YUM! Dan and Michelle joined me and YUM was had by all!

We learned a lot -- or atleast I know I did! Prosecco doesn't have a vintage because it's to be consumed within that year(ish) they said. (I didn't know that!)

Our favorites? They were all great! (looking through my notes...my handwriting gets worse with each course...hmmmm...)

The first was the Mionette "MO" Sergio, Extra Dry -- 70% Prosecco Valdobbiadene DOC, 30% Bianchetta and Chardonnay. It was a wonderful apéritif! It brought out the flavours in the Tartara di Granchio (Crab cocktail with Salmon and Caviar.) It had a lovely long finish!




The Mionetto Prosecco Brut -- 100% I.G.T. (geographic typical) Prosecco grapes, Veneto -- had a very fast finish. A moment after you swallowed it, it was gone. It was paired perfectly with the Seared Speck Bufala, Friesee and Trufle Oil. In fact, it cleansed your pallet after the trufle oil. There was very little lingering trufle oil when we went on to the next course.




We loved the Mionetto "MO" Valdobbiadene D.O.C.
It was a 100% DOC Processo grape with flavors of apple and a vanilla finish. It had a 40 day fermentation. It went VERY well with the Aragosta: seared lobster with brandy and shallot cream. I'd love a case of this one. YUMMY!




The Mionetto Prosecco di Valdobbiandene D.O.C. - Frizzante -- 100% Prosecco Valdobbiadene DOC, taken from only the best areas -- was paired nicely with thestuffed veal. It was uniformly our least favorite, but it was hard to tell if it was the wine or the veal -- the veal was our least favorite course (and I love veal!)




We finished the meal off with a yummy Mionetto "IL" Moscato -- 100% Moscato grapes from the Veneto region -- paired with Fragola al Balsamico: strawberries marinated in balsamic vinegar served with warm Zabaglione.

Yum yummy yum!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm a friend of Justine's and am coming to NYC next week. She'll be looking after my three litle ones, so we will be relaxing! Can you recommend a knitting/wool shop in Manhattan or Brooklyn? Thanks - I've been enjoying reading about where to eat!

9:11 AM

 
Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Amy -- I'd love to send you a long list -- where can I email it?
Cheers! Kimberli

12:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home