Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, February 03, 2006

Fondue for you?

Tonight I checked out Punch & Judy...a cozy wine bar down on the Lower East Side. Stroll on in and say hi to the bartenders. They'll treat you right all night long. Since the owner spent time in his families wine business prior to opening P&J, the wine list is very interesting...over 30 available by the glass. I enjoyed two different Rieslings and a tasty Muscato with dessert.
Eats? We enjoyed a great meat and cheese platter followed by one of the best chocolate fondues that I've had in the city (Out side of the one I make myself of course!) It's served with strawberries, blackberries, small rice crispy square bites, cake, candies pecan covered bananas and peanut butter cookies. Simply put...Yum.
Around 10pm the DJ kicked in playing a fun mix of 80s classic pop and good old Rock-n-roll. I loved hearing the music go from the Stones to Talking Heads to AC/DC. I'll go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home