Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Chinese New Year - New York City Style

























My friend Joanna (in the middle) is back in NYC for a few days on her journey from South America to Eastern Europe...go check out her travel journal that has great stories about her travels as a single woman thru South America for the last 4 months.
It just so happens that one of the folks she met on her trip...lives on my street. Crazy how small the world is!!! So, I joined them today in Chinatown in NYC, with a big group of new fun folks, to celebrate CNY...NYC style!

We saw Lions and Dragons...

There were BIG DRUMS banging as well as confetti popping...






















And then came... DIM SUM!!! You might think that having just returned from a few weeks in China that I'd be tired of Chinese food...hmm...Nope! YUM!
Besides that...I got to meet some new friends!!









After that fun...I journeyed home and spent the afternoon catching up with Juliet which included going thru piles of knitting books...heh heh heh I've got her hooked!
It's sleep time! (Gotta Love Jet Lag!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time. What a hot group you guys make in the last pic! Yummy friends you have ;)

10:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay fun times =) I know youve only been home a few days but you look really relaxed and back in the groove! Im gonna go shoot you an email, I just remembered there was something I was supposed to ask you weeks ago (duh!!)

2:01 PM

 
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

looks like a great time! that is really neat that she lived right there on your street, kinda makes you think things happen for a reason! love the picks of the dragon, way cool!

9:58 PM

 
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

I am so jealous, not even a peep of "CYN" around here (unless you count SF, which is too far away and over the hill to really count)
... Looks like so much fun/color/chaos...
Putting it on my list of things to do before I die.

thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. have a good one~

2:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home