Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Saturday, January 21, 2006

CNY...Here we come

It's coming up on that time kids - Chinese New Year...
The factory is in full decor swing too...

This is the entrance to the factory from the outside...


And from the inside...The peach blossom tree nearly blocks the doorway. Superstition has it that a woman or man who circles said tree will find the love they are looking for. I was also told that once you put up a peach blossom tree, you must do so every year or you will be struck with bad luck! I'm glad that's not the case with Christmas trees!! (I just didn't have time this year!!)


Red Envelopes have been put everywhere!


Two large Tangerine bushes flank the entrance too! See all of the Red Envelopes in the trees!

Tomorrow I'll post photos of this place at night --- little white lights everywhere - so festive!

Tonight we will attend the first of three nights of CNY celebration for the factory. A big banquet etc. Photos tomorrow!

The good news is that, after all of my over-obsessing and stress that I've put on myself, when I showed the work completed so far on this trip with my boss -- he was BLOWN AWAY at both the newness and quantity completed! Phew!

Back to it I go! Happy Saturday in the West and Sunday in the East all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

o my goodness! very festive! i love the look of that tree in the building! happy chinese new year! they are prepared!

7:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well deserved kudos Kimberli! You bust your butt and produce such lovely things!

Speaking of work, remind me when you get back I have to ask you a question (work related) for a friend of mine.

And BTW? Id love to see the differences between the ginger snap recipe you have and the one I pieced together! NO rush, whenever you think of it =)

7:36 PM

 
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

look at those great colors! all that yellow and red. So they just put those envelopes all over huh?
I feel so sheltered- I know nothing of these traditions. great posts, and pictures.
can't wait to see the night time shots.
cheers~

5:34 PM

 
Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

happy new year! hope you're having a great time.

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home