Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Thursday, January 05, 2006

A little bit of New Years catch-up...
...it's 4pm and just Lunchtime...

Things that have happened in my life these past few weeks...in no particular order:

* Stopped a fire (just in time) that had formed on my friends dresser (unattended candles are such a NO NO!) during a Christmas Party.

* 6 First Dates - no Second Dates

* Returned from my New England tour to find my kitties getting along even BETTER - they all have taken to pig-piling on top of me when I stretch out on the couch. They are always the cutest when it's just me and the camera is across the room!

* Had a New Years Eve that ranks up there with the bottom-most ever! To be fair...the evening began very nice with simple cocktails (left) -- but the end end of the night ended up being my hell.


* Enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Eve (right) and Christmas day with family and friends!

* Put out Cookies and Milk and a carrot for Santa and his Reindeer! YUM!


* Found a leak at my parents house JUST in time...PHEW!

* Visited with Joe and Kat -- Hello up there in Portsmouth, NH!


* Saw: King Kong, Fun with Dick and Jane, The Family Stone and Brokeback Mountain

* Saw the Off-Broadway show Mr. Marmalade. An odd show. LeeLee Sobieski sat 2 rows in front of me. She seemed to enjoy it -- or atleast was giddy with her pals.

* Checked out the new Morroccan restaurant in my hood -- Casbah Rouge. They have a live band and a belly dancer Wednesday nights. Food was tasty and a nice mix of drinks are available! Check it out!

*Watched the wild turkeys (12 of 'em) that come each day to eat the cracked corn that my folks lay out for them!


* Wrapped gifts for donations for the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless with the usual bunch up in Boston.
Yes -- those are MY family members doning the Santa Hats -- all Three of them!

* Decorated and baked Gingerbread blobians and Christmas cookies with my Niece for the first time. OK -- again -- Damn she's cute! See my favorite cookie she decorated... Eyes, nose, mouth, buttons and OF COURSE a button for the trousers! It sure did give the adults a chuckle!

* I've finished the back and about 1/3 of the front of the yummy 1957 cardi that I started over my holiday break (photos to come!)

* Helped a dear friend Carina who's in med school clean her new apartment...something that I don't think that apartment had had in 5 years! (or more!) We lugged hoovers and mops etc. uptown --- looked great when it was done!!






* Danced for 2 hours with my 2.75yr old niece - phew. See her dancing (left) in my big swirly wrap...she danced with it for HOURS. Even OB (Old Buzzard - hey - he chose that name!) got in on the action!

* Finished watching the BBC series Coupling -- so damned funny! It may be the first series I actually purchase to see over and over again!

* Stayed AWAY from my computer as much as possible (thus no blogging!)

Am ALMOST finished with the final box for my SP6 -- I am SO BEHIND on my fun stuff! I feel so bad -- but it'll be out before I dash to China next Thursday!

Tomorrow I launch my new lines in the US for Autumn/Winter 2006!! And I've already begun working on Spring/Summer 2007! Wow -- time just flies!!!

Keep those fingers crossed! Tomorrow I ALSO go to fight the big fight...hopefully the result will be an OK for me to hire an assistant!

Cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

very cute pictures of the family... glad you survived the holidays. 6 first dates? is some sort of speed dating thing? or did you actually go out 6 different times?wow, you go girl!

8:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimberli...I have gotten a little behind on your blog so imagine my suprise at all the new/horrible/wonderful/exciting tales you have been spinning! Sorry to hear about the breakup (you seem to be handling it well and I hope that is the case)

The sex ed class floored me! I can't believe what a serious cultural difference exists even in 2006. Who knew. Glad you could help change some of the misinformation.

Best to you for 2006!

10:59 AM

 
Blogger bethanie said...

Yowza! you've been busy! Good for you though. It also sounds like a lot of fun. The cookie picture is hilarious!

7:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am exhausted reading about it all Kimberli!! Hope you have a safe trip!

10:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home