Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Good Things

Today I booked my parents flight to come meet me in China in March, as well as 1/3 or the hotel reservations needed for the trip! They will come meet me after I've been working there for 2.5 weeks... I still have a bit of planning to do... we'll be seeing Hong Kong, Xi'an and Beijing...any suggestions would be welcome! All of us are interested to see any craftsman in these cities too (wood working, textiles, pottery etc...) as well as the usual historical spots!

March is going to be a LOOOONG month of bouncing around Asia for me!

PRESS!!!
I'm happy to share some new press that some of my designs have gotten!!! YIPPEE!

In January's issue of Essence Magazine my Angora Beret is show on the upper left corner of page 41!





























This weeks Issue of Life and Style Magazine has my Fuchsia Crochet and beaded Skull Cap on the lower right corner of page 57.





























Last but not least is the November 2005 issue of Accessories, a trade magazine.
They show a preview of items that will be in the stores a few months later -- they show here my packable braid fedora with its coconut and suede trim.





























I have to get back to prepping for my trip...I board my flight in approx 47 hours with a ton of people to see and things to do before then!

6 Comments:

Blogger bethanie said...

Congrats on all the publicity - way to go!

7:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO YOU!!!!

And I know you have a ton to do but you need to breathe too =)

Safe traveling!

10:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you, Kimberli! Hope to see you on this leg of your Asia trip. I've been meaning to ask you for advice on hats. What type of hat should I knit my husband who has a narrow head?

5:23 AM

 
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

ACK! I am jumping up and down!!!! wow, how exciting i know a fashion designer :) congrats kimberly....what a great daughter! your parents are going to have so much fun with you in march!

7:57 AM

 
Blogger Nik said...

congratulations on the press! you totally deserve it.

11:16 AM

 
Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Thanks for all of your CHEERS!
I've been in a rutt these last few months...but watch out -- I'M BACK!
[grin] xx Kimberli

4:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home