Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Things that go Bump in the Night...

trunk show SD
...Coco when startled by Loco groaning at him...
...My belt that I foolishly left on the LR table as it's pushed to the floor by a sliding kitten at 2am...
...Chanel (right) sliding off the bed to a soft thump (Burmese are described as "bricks wrapped in satin")...
...One of the kittens sitting up too fast under the bed.

trunk show SDWhen I woke at 4am, all 3 were on the bed. Coco (left) and Chanel @ our feet, Loco up next to my head-shoulders - facing the kittens. All was well until Coco decided to simply walk up towards me. Add growling and Loco getting pissy & attempting to hop over me only to land all his weight on one paw on my stomach (OUCH!)...and well...you can see where things went from there.

Loco is finding his inner grouchy old man... and Coco is helping him explore that side! Loco retreated downstairs this morning to sleep and Coco soon followed. Loco is put out by Coco's mere presence...funny to watch as Coco just wants to play.
Chanel would rather be playing with toys or people than caring where Loco is.

Things will be fine as soon as Loco relaxes a little bit. :-) How soon he forgets his days of playing with my old roommate's cat and his best pal and roommate Nandi (the Scottish Terrior.) All-in-all I think the introduction went well!

Hopefully tonight I'll get to cast-on for the next Christmas gift on the list!
I bought a few rolls of Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair while up in New Hampshire on vacation (of course we had to hit ONE LYS!!!)
I did up the swatch and blocked it and my tension is dead-on! Yeah!

I also heard from my Secret Pal and was delighted to find out that she made the needle case (I thought so!!) for me! It looked way to nice and special to be "store bought."

Don't you just LOVE homemade gifts??

trunk show SDIn all of my Kitty-ness I almost forgot to share a lovely "put on your list" place if you come to NYC! It's called Mary's Dairy and Chocolate Bar. It's small and neighbor-hoody. Here I am trying my best to eat my fill (and not make myself ill while doing so) of this amazing concoction! It started with 2 different chocolate ice creams trunk show SD((1)Yin Yang - Milk Chocolate Ice Cream and bits of bittersweet Valrhona Chocolate (2)Hawaii Five O and Callebaut - Callebaut Chocolate Ice Cream with Macadamia Nuts it) then I figured - when in Rome...for a buck you could have 4 add-ins mixed in -- so I did -- Ooooh BABY! Butterfinger, Heath bar, dark chocolate covered espresso beans and so that I could feel I was trying to be healthy -- granola. {grin} It beat me (by a mile!) -- I thought I'd ordered the small and didn't --- next time I will SPLIT one with someone!


Back to work I go!! I arrived late to begin with as I couldn't find a way to get here! While waiting for the subway there was an announcement that my line was suspended from service -- I found out shortly there after a building that had been under construction a mere 4 blocks away has collapsed and they were looking for survivors. Not only did the police have there hands full with that -- but now there were 100s of people converging onto the street trying to find there way to work! It took nearly 2.25 hours instead of 25 minutes. I'm hoping the 5 people injured in the collapse are all OK! Hmmm...I wonder how I'll get home?

6 Comments:

Blogger mrspilkington said...

so i think i was catching up on your blog just as you were leaving me some comments. :) what beautiful kitties! and i'm trying to figure out a way to work mary's into my day tomorrow. gotta get there soon, at least before the weekend's out!

7:43 PM

 
Blogger opportunityknits said...

Welcome back! Choc ice cream yum!

8:51 PM

 
Blogger 'Thought & Humor' said...

We work like a horse.
We eat like a pig.
We like to play chicken.
You can get someone's goat.
We can be as slippery as a snake.
We get dog tired.
We can be as quiet as a mouse.
We can be as quick as a cat.
Some of us are as strong as an ox.
People try to buffalo others.
Some are as ugly as a toad.
We can be as gentle as a lamb.
Sometimes we are as happy as a lark.
Some of us drink like a fish.
We can be as proud as a peacock.
A few of us are as hairy as a gorilla.
You can get a frog in your throat.
We can be a lone wolf.
But I'm having a whale of a time!

You have a riveting web log
and undoubtedly must have
atypical & quiescent potential
for your intended readership.
May I suggest that you do
everything in your power to
honor your encyclopedic/omniscient
Designer/Architect as well
as your revering audience.

Please remember to never
restrict anyone's opportunities
for ascertaining uninterrupted
existence for their quintessence.

There is a time for everything,
a season for every activity
under heaven. A time to be
born and a time to die. A
time to plant and a time to
harvest. A time to kill and
a time to heal. A time to
tear down and a time to
rebuild. A time to cry and
a time to laugh. A time to
grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones
and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a
time to turn away. A time to
search and a time to lose. A
time to keep and a time to
throw away. A time to tear
and a time to mend. A time
to be quiet and a time to
speak up. A time to love
and a time to hate. A time
for war and a time for peace.

Best wishes for continued ascendancy,
Howdy
Editor
http://ilovehowdy.blogspot.com/

P.S. One thing of which I am sure is
that the common culture of my youth
is gone for good. It was hollowed out
by the rise of ethnic "identity politics,"
then splintered beyond hope of repair
by the emergence of the web-based
technologies that so maximized and
facilitated cultural choice as to make
the broad-based offerings of the old
mass media look bland and unchallenging
by comparison."

'Thought & Humor' by Howdy
Cyber-Humor, Cyber-Thought
Cyber-Riddles for your divertissement!!!

9:01 PM

 
Blogger Celia said...

I'm glad to see you're back! Those kitties look lovely and it seems like you'll have fun with them. You'll want to keep them away from your yarn, though...

3:40 PM

 
Blogger Lauren said...

Such cute little kitties! Those names crack me up :)

Gosh, that ice creams looks SO good--cute pic of you too!

Hope you are having a nice weekend~
Lolly

11:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hats, cats, and knitting give me the weirdest feeling. It's like watching a car accident. I can't help but look!

12:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home