Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Hop Skip and a Jump!

I leave my hotel for the airport in 6 hours...and I still need to SLEEP...so this will be BRIEF...

Patara card front I met Justine in front of her school tonight for a lovely dinner at Patara (see business card/name card to left and right.) patara card back The journey to her school was interesting. Her school is in a part of town that I've not been to yet, and thus I had my hotel write down the address in Chinese for me to give the taxi driver. The taxi driver proceeded to drive round and round and of course "didn't understand English" --- yet when I finally caught on to where we were ( a few block away and he kept turning off the road and faining that he was lost... (it would be like not knowing where Broadway was in NYC!) I hollered "I'm getting out!" and he pulled over and I hoofed it a few blocks. The FOOD at Patara was great! The photo to the left is a dish that we were told was called Thai Tacos! I just had to try something called that after the hostess told us it was their house specialty appetizer! patara card backTo the right is a photo of Justine and I toasting! patara card back Between courses we both pulled out our knitting and chatted away! Hmmm...I wonder how I could get to BC for the Festival that she mentions on her blog...Hmmmmm...
We shared a decent bottle of Pinot Gris and a Panang Curry fish, a pile of various mushrooms with garlic and chili and a yummy green papaya salad. YUMMY!

Singapore HERE I COME! (A new stop for me!! Never been before...don't worry -- I'll take a TON of photos!!) I will be staying and playing with my good friend Sharon whom we miss dearly in New York City! She moved home back in December... so a visit is in order!
Saturday we will be meeting Emy and Erin and their SnB (Called Knit & Chat I believe) for a few hours of coffee drinking and knitting and chatting! Yeah!!! New knitters at a new stop! Yeah!!

I'm still knitting baby socks...but I've begun to alter the patterns...I'll let you know how it goes!

Nighty night all!

6 Comments:

Blogger CynCyn said...

You know, i'd say i want the addy of Patara so I can go when I next visit Taiwan, but I rarely eat at 'real' restaraunts. I'm in heaven eating off the carts and courting intestinal disasters.
Looks like you had a great time, did you go to SoGo? (big ass shopping mall in Taipei, on Chang An Lu, if I recall correctly).

12:08 PM

 
Blogger J. said...

wow, looks like I had a blast... oh wait I did! See you in BC then. I'm there the 16th I think Saltspring starts soon after and ends the 26th or so. It's only 6hours or so, little flight - get comfy, food, film and your there.

7:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh the food looks so yummy. I wish i were there to join you guys.

11:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberli! First, I got your package in the mail the other day - the UPS man knocked on my door and I was in my sheer pajamas, but what the heck!

Thanks so much for EVERYTHING! I'll e-mail you at your other address in case you don't catch this on your travels. I want to send you something for being such an awesome secret pal!

Love,
Tanya

5:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberli,
Back-Tack buddy delurking here. Your trip has been really interesting to read through. When do you find time to sleep??

Also wanted to give you a heads up, the fabric is in the mail with a little gifty for you too. I hope the fabrics and such I picked out end up being a good match for your recipient. Would you send me an email to beatrix.backtack@gmail.com when the package arrives? That would be great.

Take care and safe travels!

11:48 PM

 
Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

enjoy, enjoy! can't wait to see your pics!

4:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home