Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, July 22, 2005

On TV -- Well -- For a Few Minutes
trunk show SDtrunk show SD The day was switched from the Del Mar raceway to San Diego. At 7am I was at the hair salon for a wash and blow-out (can't rightly have frizzy hair and put hats off and on (the hair only gets WORSE!) Then back to my friends home for makeup and dress...all while FedEx packages containing the hats for the shooting are zooming their way to my friends house for an 8:30am delivery (cutting it close - yep!)trunk show SD

Packed the car - zoomed over to the studio for my 9:15am call at San Diego NBC Studios 7!39 and...
VOILA!


trunk show SDCarry the boxes to the spot outside on the plaza and hurry up and wait! Ever wonder what one does while waiting to be on TV?? KNIT! Here I am (Above, left) - all dressed and ready to go...and here I am, knitting my little heart out! (I'm knitting MYSELF a backgammon board from Weekend Knits using Mission Falls wool. It should be done by the end of the weekend! Also --what the heck was I thinking when I grabbed the worlds longest wooden needles for the trip?) :-)
At approximately 10:10am Marianne Kushi came out and we did the spot. As fast as we bagan it was over and I was packing up the car. My friend Tara was keeping me company and acting as photographer, chauffer and all around amazing support network! Thanks A MILLION Tara!!!


trunk show SDI got home to find that the dynamic around the house had changed a little bit...
I took the red-eye home and couldn't WAIT to crawl into bed... but of course the cats are all playing together now! Good right? Well...good until they are all running over the bed - under the bed - over the bed in a long game of chase. The kittens would chase Loco into a corner and he'd turn around and chase them back...except when he backed THEM into a corner they'd hiss and meow! Loco would then look up at me with this "Are they KIDDING ME?" look === so funny!
Poor old man got all tuckered out! Later on in the day Coco - ever pushing the envelope...decided that he wanted Loco's chair.
Loco and Coco sniffing
Step one: Sniff sniff

Loco and Coco smiling
Step two: look cute and nice
Step three: begin to kick Loco and then attack his tail when he starts to show his annoyance...and voila -- he gets the chair all to himself! Loco just moved to the cool floor. I tell ya - Coco will be in for a rude awakening when Loco gets sick of his behavior! :-) Loco really has NO IDEA how big he is!

Tonight I'm are off to see Batman Begins in IMAX. Yeah!!! I am SO BEHIND on my movies! OK OK - back to work I go - setting up the showrooms takes all day...and even longer without an assistant! S'OK -- it's fun.

Tick tick tick...I launch my new line next Friday @ 5pm!

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I love your pink hat and dress. Stunning!

Have a great weekend!

10:40 AM

 
Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

stunning is right! thanks for the photos of the taping...and the kitties are cracking me up!

11:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pink dress and hat are very beautiful. And, you looks great with them !

11:55 PM

 
Blogger opportunityknits said...

You look fabulous!

6:11 AM

 
Blogger J. said...

you look great, I am sure it was fun. Hop eyou get a chance for a little R and R after the line is launched. Give those kitties a pat for me, I am sure that Tai would agree they need a puppy to play with them!

1:41 AM

 
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

love the photos, the hats are beautiful! your kitties are quick and cute.. good luck, want to see the backgammon board:)

10:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home