Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, May 13, 2005

Straighten Up and Fly Right

dormshotDang it's HOT here! Although it's not so much the heat as it is the HUMIDITY...
today is definately the start of those icky-faced days...not as bad as it'll be in August granted...but the start!
What do I mean by this you may ask? When I first began to travel thru Asia I was asked what it's like? How's the weather and the heat? So I figured a way to describe it perfectly...
Imagine that you've just showered. You feel great - it's even a good hair day! You gaze out the front of the hotel to see a sparkling sunny day outside. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
You walk outside and the moment the air conditioning has left you and the door is closed, a dirty old man comes up and licks your face. Ewwwwwwwwwww right? OK OK -- that's how it feels when it's super humid here. It's like someone has invaded your space and suddenly you are dripping sweaty -- in a nano-second! I know I know, making you all want to rush right on over the China! I suggest to all Westerners who aren't used to heat --- pack a sweater and a wide scarf/wrap... I know you're thinking I'm crazy since I just exclaimed it's sweltering here...
but when you walk into the buildings it's as cold as a refridgerator! So you'll need your cardigan...and if you're skirted or wearing shorts, you'll be glad you have the wrap for your legs!
factoryshot I'm workin' along over here to some jazzy jivin' big band, swanky swingin'!
I've got my iPod cranked with Robbie Williams, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Dinah Washington, Norah Jones and a little Frank Sinatra.
It's fun walking into the showroom to view the finished samples in the proper colors of the styles I designed on my last trip -- it's like Christmas! :-) On this trip I'm fine tuning everything from the last trip as well as finishing the last few pieces of Plaza Suite up.
Everyone has to have the samples all done and to my NYC office by May 25th...so it's a race against time (as always!) When I return I finish up the preporations for the photoshoot where the next round of catalogs will be shot. I'm working on Spring/Summer 2006!
Yep - I'm always a year ahead!
The two photos are my view from the new showroom that they built -- it has WINDOWS!!! The left one shows the dorms where folks live. The blue boxs are containers (that's what they're called), that what my hats/bags/scarves/gloves are shipped over the ocean in. The photo on the right shows one of the factories and the active train tracks.

I emailed with my good friend Sharon today to work out the last bits of my visit to see her in Singapore next week! I miss not having here with me in NYC! Of course I'm VERY EXCITED to be taking 4 days at the end of this trip to do something FUN that is NOT WORK RELATED! Yeah!

I have quite a bit of knitting fun ahead of me too.
I'll meet up with the Hong Kong Knitting Gals (so far Eva and Marjorie...hopefully Siow Chin and Joy can join in too!) on Monday after my Hong Kong appointments are all finished (finish work before play!) Then I'll go to Taiwan and meet up with Justine...after all my Taipei appointments are finished! And finally I'll jet over to Singapore and hang with Sharon where we hope to meet up with Erin and her knitting gals in Singapore sometime over the weekend!
It doesn't get much better than that!

bead it twoOh --- and because I just don't know when to say NO and how to STOP THE FUN...I signed up for Bead It Two today...where you send off stitchmarkers you've made to other folks. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Back to work I go! It's Fascinating Fascinators time!

PS - Blogspot users - not sure WHAT'S going on -- but BEWARE flipping between preview and compose/edit...it's still eatting posts. I say SAVE AS DRAFT A lot!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

oh, have great (drier) time knitting and getting together! hello to siow chiin and marjorie, and, well, everyone! :-) you've been working hard, you deserve some play time.

robbie williams is so much fun.

10:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-You are so adventurous going all over the world! I'm jealous.

-Yea for Bead It 2! It's gonna be fun.

-That jewelry you received is really beautiful. The card it came on is such a cool idea. I'm going to have to use that one!

-Have fun meeting knitters in other places around the world. Sounds like a blast!

10:39 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm with erin's knit group. hope to see u next weekend!!!

cheers
Lois

7:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home