Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Congratulations to my dear friends Joanna (Jo) and Emanuel (Manu) -- Today (Sunday December 30th) at 12:35pm, Théoden is born: 3.3kg (7+lbs) of screaming and kicking baby.

For those who are wondering, the name is from the Anglo-Saxon word þēoden (also spelled ðeoden), cognate to the Old Norse word þjóðann, both meaning "leader of the people" (i.e. "King").

It is also the name of the King of Rohan in the Lord of the Rings ;-)

I'll be heading to the hospital Tuesday for a visit (and photos) as Mom will be resting from her unexpected C-section until then and has asked for a day of rest before visitors. Whatever Mama wants!!

More info (including a really cute video of the hungry baby) can be found HERE.

Yeah & Congratulations again!!!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nik said...

Yeah, I couldn't help but think of Lord of the Rings when I read the name. "Congrats" to your friends.

4:00 PM

 
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

thanks for the comment on my blog - I'm afraid I haven't been yarn hunting in Barcelona yet but here's some info I found for you:
http://crochetcodex.blogspot.com/2007/07/yarn-shops-in-barcelona.html

10:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home