Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

INDIA - OH THE MESS

Midnight Monday --- reading the travel guides for Mumbai ---

OH MY GOODNESS...

WHAT?

WE NEED A VISA??

Now at 6am I read it's confirmed by my travel agent who "thought we are always so self sufficient and didn't think to mention it!"

I leave in 4 days ---
But DAN is in SOUTH AFRICA and leaves in 2 days and needs one -- and I can't get ahold of him!! I've left him a text msg - but his phone is off.
I've called the Botanic Garden he's visiting/staying at and they are now working on their side to track him down.

This is A MESS!
CALGON!!! HELP!!!


UPDATE:
8:30am...
Yeah! My call to the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden in Cape Town South Africa was an apparent success -- Thanks to Andrew who was indeed able to track Dan down!! I just spoke to him so we're at least on the same page. He's now off to get passport photos while our travel agent here in the US tracks down where he needs to get to in S. Africa for this visa. I'm lucky - i can get a same day visa in NYC...geesh...poor Dan! He was already wishing he had more days in to explore Cape Town!

Off to get my own passport photos -- for the record -- you'll need FOUR for India!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man! What a mess. I am glad that you were able to get in touch with Dan and that he is taking care of his Visa. All this paper stuff is a mess.

You guys enjoy and have a great time!! :)

11:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home