Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Sunday, February 25, 2007

PR - I'm here!

I spent a portion of the trip frogging the one skein wonder I'd almost finished with the bamboo yarn. (I need all 10 skeins for the sweater I'm going to make!) A little girl watched with great interest as I ripped it all out and wound it up. I can just picture her unraveling a sweater of her own while her Mom find her mid-frogging.

Upon landing -- I picked up my 4-door Toyota and was OFF! I flew into Aguadilla, the airport on the northwest coast of Puerto Rico. If you are flying to PR to surf or hang out in Rincon, I can't reccomend this airport enough -- it's over 2 and a half hours closer to Rincon than the San Juan airport.

As I wound through the back roads on the directions list, I happened upon a Volkswagen rally. Sadly by the time the traffic lifted I only had time to take this one shot... there were some amazingly tricked out cars and some wonderful airbrushed scenes like this one of the Mystery Machine I just really wanted to get to the Red Parrot Inn and settle in.

After arrival I was met by Toni and her in-laws for a ride to the supermarket to stock up on some snacks, water etc for the days ahead. From here I drove over to the resort where the in-laws were staying and where the wedding would be. Beautiful (but $$$...I chose to spend my money on other things and stay at the Red Parrot -- over $100/night cheaper!)

After lounging by the pool (that's the bride, Toni, as beautiful as ever) with everyone, having a snack and swimming in the ocean, Toni and her daughter and I drove over to her grandmother's house back near the center of Rincon.

Toni's grandmother is WONDERFUL! We hit it off right away. She tried to convince me that I was her long lost twin. Quite a feit since she's 95!
Her house is very special, with 3 bedrooms in the main house plus the cottage out back and the extra room under the house. You can sleep at least 10 in that house! I loved the view from the roof -- I was able to catch the sunset (shown below). Beautiful!
It was a lovely first day finished with a tasty meal back at the Lazy Parrot's restaurant, Smilin' Joe's. Really tasty goat cheese salad (with dried cranberries and almonds!) Yum!
Time for an early turn in! More fun tomorrow!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home