Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Sunday, January 30, 2005

KNITTING ALL THE WAY
I've reached my last stop...Tokyo, Japan!

Had a great night out last night with Reiko -- she took me along to a going away party of a friend of hers. So good to meet her friends and to see her with them.
She and I met as she sells my line in Tokyo, and over the years we've become good friends. Makes my stops in Tokyo so wonderful!

KNITTING:
The bus ride from the Narita airport to my hotel was long enough for me to knit up 3 of the fingers on my glove... almost done with glove #1! Yeah!



(Note to you travelers...JAPAN: Don't ever take a taxi from the airport to Tokyo - it'll run you in the 100s of dollars...and always check to see if there is an airport limosine (bus) that goes to your hotel. It's a decent price (3000 yen = aprox $28 USD) and it's door to door. If you take the fast train - although a bit faster innitially - I find that you loose tat time waiting for and taking a taxi the rest of the way. Also - if you take the train - note that there are only a few non-smoking cars - and you need to get a ticket for that car!

My cat-sitter tells me that Loco is getting more and more vocal...he does this if I'm gone for more than 2 weeks. Then I get the cold kitty shoulder when I get home - for about 30 minutes...and finally he'll plop onto my lap and just begin talking to me. And talking and talking and talking. :-) Can't wait!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberli, Your red glove looks great ! I think you are going to finish it in 1 - 2 days.

It is very very expensive to take a taxi in Japan. In fact, they have subway or bus to all places. It is quite convenient to use them. Do you have time for yarn shopping ? Hope everything is fine on your nice.

have a safe trip !

Eva

5:41 AM

 
Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

it is GORgeous! love that red, those cables...

4:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natayla is coming along so beautifully! Wow!

Siow Chin

4:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home