Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Thursday, January 27, 2005

HK SnB A SUCCESS



So NICE -- SO SO NICE! That's how last night was! I know I thanked you both a zillion times last night -- but, again, Eva & Marjorie ... THANKS!

The night began on a bad foot on my part. The darn pin on my watch had popped out, stopping my watch at some point and I had NO IDEA that I was running about an HOUR LATE! An HOUR? Can you belive that Eva waited so patiently for me to arrive at the exit of the Star Ferry for an ENTIRE HOUR? Poor dear was worried that I was lost and I was completely unaware that I was late! Thanks a million!

We dashed to their favorite LYS in Wan Chai... Cheer Wool Company Ltd, and Marjorie met us there. I bought...MORE YARN...(I swear, I know I already told Mrs. Pilkinton this, but I shouldn't work or leave the house for a few months to clear out my too-fastly growing stash!!!) Why did I buy it? Because I swear I heard little voices saying ---


"wouldn't I make a lovely pair of socks" [Striped wool sock yarn by Steinbach Wolle from Austria]


and "oooh can't you picture me as a scarf??" [Anny Blatt Merino from France]


and finally "I don't know what I want to be but I'd LOVE to see New York City!" [Alpaca Rimisto by Puppy from Japan]

I also got a proper cable needle since I didn't have one with me --- YIPPEE!

From there we hopped a cab to the famous Yung Kee Restaurant for some exquisite Chinese food! Soup, veggies, fabulous beef, oooh and their signature dish - roast goose. YUM! Both gals whipped out their newly near-finished AbFab Stoles -- so pretty and the TEXTURES - ooooooh! Both just need to sew in the ends...which Marjorie would love any voluteers to do for her. :-)
The conversation was lovely -- we laughed a lot! Such enjoyable company! Sadly, Siow Chin was ill and unable to go to work or join us in our night out.

Siow Shin - I look forward to meeting you in either March/April or May when I return! Please take good care of yourself!

(Oooh - have to send Marjorie the information on Katy's special Critter Knitter Challange that's shortly coming to a close. She's got a bag-o-squares that she's considering donating all the way from Hong Kong!)

Then it was back to the hotel to pack and head out to Shanghai at 5am this morning!
That's where I am now! Back to work I go!

4 Comments:

Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

i'm glad you had such a great time! ooh, you are forgiven for the stash enhancement -- i couldn't have resisted those voices either! :-)

6:56 PM

 
Blogger Gewel said...

That's a rockin' sweater that Miss Eva is wearing.

7:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lousy flu bug please go away. I'm really looking forward to seeing you in Spring!

Siow Chin

8:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberli, I am very happy to meet you and looking forward to our next meet up in Mar/ April.

If you find yarn shortage after back to US, just let me know, I will mail to you.

Have a nice trip in Shanghai and Japan !

Eva/ Hong KOng

8:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home