Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, August 08, 2008

Happy Friday!!

Allegra and I try to take each other out for dinner, just we two, each year for our birthdays. I always look forward to it. This year we went to Wallsé. I absolutely loved it. Allegra got the Roasted cod with baby carrots, chanterelles and a ginger carrot reduction -- it was AMAZING!
I thoroughly enjoyed the lamb chops! YUM! We shared their special dessert... the Salzburger Nockerl with Huckleberries. We've decided that we need to go back on a cold evening and order coffee and that dessert again -- YUM! Check out the photos on their website. I shamefully took none as I was so engrossed in the conversation and feeding my hunger!! I know, bad me.

From here we went over to The Spotted Pig to meet up with friends for a birthday drink! Drinks were flowing... people were laughing and new friends were being made all around. Suddenly, Kirk and Will began to belt out an operatic version of Happy Birthday...

It. Was. AWESOME! The entire bar silenced and then burst into applause at the end. I can fairly well guarantee that it was only time Opera has been sung or played in that bar.
Thanks for the wonderful song gentlemen!!!

Thanks to everyone who came out and who sent word! What a great night!!!
Yippee for Birthday Week 2008!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Is that Joey Fatone?????

7:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home