Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, June 15, 2007

Mini-Meme

I have been tagged (last month) by Marjorie.
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves...and here is mine.

1. I'm allergic to olives. More specifically olive meat. Olive oil is fine. My reaction to olives seems to have lessoned these past 5 years to one of upset tummy from it's origin of having everything race from my body as fast as possible from which ever end it could get to fast enough.

2. I have a super sensitive nose and can smell things that most people cannot. This can be both good and bad.

3. I will plan a trip around being able to get to my favorite yarn shop and restaurant in whatever city I'm in.

4. When home, I often wake up craving foods that are only available by hopping on a 16 hour flight and jetting to foreign lands. Why can't Din Tai Fun open a restaurant in NYC? They have one in California. (Although their newest in Hong Kong does not hold a candle to the ones in Taipei!) Great, now I'm in London craving Taiwanese dumplings.

5. I'm DYING to become fluent in Mandarin and cannot find a private tutor in NYC! Group classes don't work with my travel schedule. I'd some day like to get a Master's Degree in Chinese language I think.

6. Some of my favorite flowers include: passion flowers, anemonies, tulips, bachelor buttons, iris, ...and I cannot have any scented lilies near me or my eyes get very unhappy and a headache comes on.

7. I'm hoping to meet up with a SnB this weekend here in London, but haven't been able to track one down yet. Hmmmm. I've knit with groups in Singapore, Tokyo, Hong Kong and have plans to knit with one in Florence on my next trip. I've sadly missed the one in Birmingham, UK but mere hours every time I've been there.

I'm supposed to tag 7 other people, then contact them via email or in their comments, advising them that they have been tagged and to read this post.
I'll tag: Tatiana, J, Joanna, Sha, Darlene, Dani (at her new blog location!), and last but not least Andrea (one of the most fun folks that I was able to spoil in a Secret Pal ring what seems like AGES ago!)

And Andrea!!! Thanks for the gift you sent all too many weeks ago!! I FINALLY got to go through my mail just before leaving for London after I'd finished packing etc for the pending flood-o-renovation!!
You are wonderful! It was just the lovely hello I needed!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Maglia Firenze said...

Thanks for your tag! I will answer your 7 questions this WE !

I send you a link of the Knitting Day a Firenze:

http://knitaly.blogspot.com/2007/06/wwkip.html

It was very nice !

I hope to see you soon!

4:56 PM

 
Blogger SUMmer said...

Hey sweets! Thank you for tagging me. Wish you are here in Singapore then we can practice your chinese with me. Otherwise, you might wanna consider packing your bags and live here for 3 months. By the way, my mum was thinking of you recently... she sends her love and was wondering if you are doing fine. I told her that you are jet setting around the world. i miss you heaps sweets..... XOXXOXXOOXXOXOXO

9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home