Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, May 12, 2006

I got Mo
After work I dashed home to plant up a few pots and met up with Dan to go see a coworker of his do Stand-up down at Mo Pitkin's House of Satisfaction.

From there we began the 0alphabet city food tour.
We happened upon The Dumpling Man on St. Marks. The Pork Red Monster dumplings were my favorite. The skins were quite good (not too doughy) and the filling, full of flavour. 18 dumplings later we start the journey towards the subway for the long ride home.

Mmm....what's that smell? OK, I'll share a paper cone of Belgian Fries with Curry Ketchup.

Walking to the subway we pass the Angelica, an arthouse theatre down on Houston. Sure, let's see a movie!
So we saw Art School Confidential -- entertaining for sure.


Then it was time to cab it home and sleep fast! It was going to be Gardening Saturday... even with the rain expected... gotta get the plants in so they can begin to grow! Today I was successful in ordering 50 40-pound bags of top soil and 15 HUGE bags of compost to be delivered at 7am on Sunday! I am using the services of VanHouten Farms again. The last 2 years I've bought my annuals from their stand at the Union Square Farmers Market. Their price per bag of topsoil was 1/3 of the BEST cost that I found within NYC. Yeah Van Houten!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home