Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Hat Land

I stayed at the Seelbach Hilton Louisville down on 4th Avenue.
I thought I'd roll in to the hotel and have a nice quiet dinner out.
Upon arriving I found 10,000 people and a live rockin' band on the grounds around my hotel -- apparently this was where they had drawn the lots for which horse got which gate for the Derby on Saturday.
Enjoyed a lovely dinner at Maker's Mark Bouron House and Lounge, the only restaurant in the area that didn't make a face when I asked for a table for one. The hotel was rather nice too.

Hats hats hats - that what was sold today! Amazing the frenzy of people looking to buy hats for the 132nd Kentucky Derby and all of the events that surround it!!! To the left is a photo of the jockey's shirt that is hanging above the gate at the airport. There are also roses everywhere... and live bands (think banjos and trumpets)... very interesting!

This is as far as I've gotten on Dan's sock as of my boarding the plane home... I dropped a stitch...it was a wrapped stitch... and I didn't notice...
so I had to frog half of it back-- then I did it again...TWICE! Why do I knit when I'm tired?

All's fixed now and the toe is turned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home