Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, April 28, 2006

Breakin' the Law

First let me appologize for my lack of entries... It's been for good reason let me assure you!

Monday...this next Monday...
My new assistant will start!


So I've been getting things ready...

Let's roll back to last Saturday for the week in review, shall we?

After a day of cold crappity rain spent selecting movies to see (and buying tickets) during the Tribeca Film Festival, we, Dan & I, decided to go see V is for Vendetta.
Left the apartment, brrr... Cold bitter cold rain...
Almost at the subway and I realized I forgot my monthly Metrocard (for those non-New Yorkers it's the bus/subway pass good for unlimited rides.) in my non-rain coat... but Dan has his and says he will give me a swipe (use his card for my entry.)

I go up to the turnstyle and he swipes the card through. "GO" flashes across the screen... I go. He hops in behind me and pushes us through! I was a little suprised...not what I'd expected. We amble to the subway platform. A tall, FUBU clad man comes up behind us and askes us to please take a seat. Dan, asks him why and who he was... and... well... he was a plain clothes cop. He'd seen Dan push us through and asked for ID to write us EACH (BOTH OF US???) a $60 ticket for being "PUSHERS."

I asked him how he could write each of us a ticket when one person was paid for. He said the law is that since we BROKE the LAW, we each got $1 of that entrance fee and thus were BOTH delinquent! I asked him if I went home to get my monthly and showe him if it would make a difference. He compared our crime to that of murdering someone and then wanting to take it back. CRAPPY ANALOGY!
He told us we were more than welcome to fight it and ask the courts to only charge one of us, but that we'd have to take time off from work to do so. I kept hoping he'd be a complete jerk - but he was nice. NICE! Grrrr... Dan has offered to pay MY ticket...since he pushed me through without prior discussion of breaking said law...

We went on to the movies... V is for Vendetta - I liked it! See it in IMAX when at all possible! Of course... on the way home he pushed me through again (yes, WITHOUT prior discussion!) "He was doing his job, and I'm doing mine" was the answer to the look I gave.



Sunday brought us to the New York City Orchid Show at Rockerfeller Center. Beautiful! They had some lovely miniatures this year! I bought an Ecquadorian orchid, a kind I thought my Mom wouldn't have, and mailed it to her as an early Mother's Day gift. She's been growing orchids for a few yars now.

Sunday evening was spent with college friends supporting a dear friend of ours at the wake of his father. My thoughts are with his family during this time of sudden loss.

Monday night -- Dinner at my place with the girls. Always a treat!
Followed by Tuesday night's dinner with Morgan followed by a YUMMY Hot Stone Massage at Graceful Spa. It's Spa week, so 50 minute treatments are $50 each! Yummy! The massage was great -- it's already an inexpensive place to get massages -- it's a no frills stop.

Wednesday brought the Seiko launch. Beautiful new watches presented in one of the most amazing Penthouses I've seen yet in Manhattan (said to be for sale for $22 Million.) The view from the poolside, yes, poolside on the deck off of one of the bathrooms, this view brought us a specatacular look at fireworks downtown (assuming the celebration of the beginning of the Tribeca Film Festival?)

Last night I saw the first of the shows we bought tickets for -- Love for Share
It was interesting...I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars. It was 3 stories that all tied together. I enjoyed the first one most and my interest in them went down from there.

More movies this weekend...and hopefully I'll pick up the sticks again! I've been Freecycling things - Spring Cleaning is well underway! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jail time for you two :). It stinks that the cop gave both of you a ticket...I am thinking he did it to fulfil his monthly quota.

The orchid pictures are lovely!

I miss NY, I miss it terribly...sigh

4:10 PM

 
Blogger Delia said...

Get crazy with your bad self!

4:56 PM

 
Blogger Stacie said...

yeah, I've been pulled over for not paying toll on the bay bridge. If nobody paid, nobody would have to right :-)? Be good and have fun at the movies!

12:26 PM

 
Blogger J. said...

I got a ticket on a bus once for not having a transfer ( proof od payment here) the bus nazi was not a nice man. I never payed the ticket though, fought it and here you can get off on the first offence.

Great photos and glad that you finally have an assistant... to bad I couldn't move to NY

1:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home