Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Saturday, October 22, 2005

SLUT & The German Connection

"Last night I took my friends (who happen to be sisters from Germany) Carina and Verena (shown left), to see an off-Broadway production of SLUT!




The end of NY Theatre.com's review is right on:
"The minor flaws in the production aside, going to see Slut! is a lot like a drunken one night-stand: it isn’t a good idea for a first date, no kids should be allowed, and I don’t recommend it for recovering alcoholics. In fact, at $55 a ticket, much like drunken sex with a stranger, you may find it a little bit expensive for something that is only fun while it lasts."

"It wasn't the best show ever -- but it was fun while it lasted! We had fun afterward having a drink and a chat. I haven't seen Verena in TOO MANY YEARS!!! Carina cat/house sits for me when she's in town from Germany. I've missed having her around - so glad she'll be here thru next Spring!!! Yeah!!!!

Today I head up north to meet up with an old friend - Cheri - to whom I'd loaned my dress form, named Consuella, some 6 years ago. Yeah!!! Consuella will come back home to me!!!! OK OK --- so I've named my dress form...I spent nearly every night working on projects using that dress form for four years in college...if she could talk - WOW!

Happy Saturday -- hopefully the rain will not be TOO bad on the drive!
I'm off to the train!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

K-it was great fun meeting you last nite.. and i just realized looking at your blog again that i forgot to tell you that there are two german knitting magazines.. names Verena and Carina.. isn't that a hoot.. i guess we know where their mom got the names from haha toodles
Karola
eyeknit4u@aol.com

12:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home