Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Thursday, October 06, 2005

BROADWAY SEASON STARTER

As a child my parents buoght a pair of season tickets to the local Playhouse each year... something that I felt was not only wonderfully cool - but extremely decadent!
This year I decided to get season tickets to the Round About Theatre, a not-for-profit theatre here group here in NYC.
Last night Dmitri and I went to the first show on our docket for the season! A Naked Girl on the Appian Way starring Jill Clayburgh (Bess) and Richard Thomas (Jeffrey.) I laughed a lot and did like the show (3 stars out of 5.) The woman next to me was not impressed and was SHOCKED that people were laughing (she glared a bit when I'd laugh hard!) I think it was well cast and I liked the set -- it flowed well. A Naked Girl on the Appian Way is inappropriate for children aged 18 and under.

From the article linked to above:
"Richard Greenberg returns to Broadway with one of his funniest, most imaginative plays yet. Bess is a successful cookbook author and her husband Jeffrey is a distracted genius whose lives are upended when their two children return from a year of European travel and reveal surprising news that stretches the family beyond their breaking point."

After the show we walked a few blocks away to Bolzano's Bar Cucina
Dmitri hadn't been there yet and we enjoyed a leisurely meal while watching the throngs of people haunt the back door of Spamalot. We saw all of the actors come out one at a time to sign autographs and stand for photos with fans. I love people watching! :-)

One more day (today -- which will likely be a LONG ONE) and I'm off to meet some college pals for a few days of fun in the sun in Florida. Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger bethanie said...

Have a safe trip!

7:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home