Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Squares and Pals Aplenty
(Note: updated at 11:53pm China-time - Lotsa good stuff at the BOTTOM!)

Have you worked on your square today?
Last night a gaggle of gals came into the design room to work on their knit squares for the afghan project. The table I work at in this room is about 12 feet long and 5-6 feet wide. Lots of room for ladies to come in and treat me to the light clicking of bamboo needles as I work.
Another few worked on the winder clickety-clicking balls of yarn for others to knit with. There will be more than 150 balls wound when all is said and done!

To the left you see the bundle of needles bought at the market... this is about half...the others are being used. Gals crept in one by one last night to get needles and yarn.

Secret Pals (6) are being sent out...I got mine today! Yeah! Here we go again!! I'll be pulling a winner out of a hat for the SP6 Choose-a-Button Contest this week -- work is BUSY!

TO MY SECRET PAL -- For my answers to the SP6 Questionaire click HERE!

To my Hong Kong knitting pals -- I'll gladly pack squares you have for the blankets into my suitcase to carry home! Thanks for the comments letting me know you may have some!!! Looking forward to seeing you all on the 24th!!

Finally -- Today, September 15th, is National Felt Hat Day. Break out those cool fall toppers folks and celebrate!

Back to work I go!
-----------------------------
Added Later -- It's 11:53pm in China and I'm still at work, enjoying a great bowl of SPICY noodles.

It's been a productive day - which is good. AND -- got this to share with you all from my PR agent...

I've a velvet clutch (Called Set in Stone) in the OCTOBER 2005 edition of LUCKY MAGAZINE (page 196!) Yeah!!!

And -- Being that today is PAYDAY for this month... this evening I made my months charitable donation to (drumroll please...) DONORS CHOICE!!!
When Hurricane Katrina hit, a group of New Orleans teachers evacuated to Houston. Their old school was flooded. Many of their students also ended up in Houston... with no schools to go to. These teachers decided to open a school in Houston just for young victims of Hurricane Katrina. Not only are they an Amazon.com Nonprofit Innovation Award FINALIST, but they are doing this COOL initiative to get all the supplies together to open the school!! We're talking about everything from glue to globes, from books to blackboards, from... you get the idea.

Yeah DONORS CHOICE!!!!

If they receive the most donations (out of the nine charitible organizations in the Finals) in the alloted time frame, then Amazon will match up to 1 Million Dollars!! So... click on over and drop them a fiver! Even $1 can make the difference!

[Getting off my charity soap box!]
Again... back to work I go!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Congratulations on the plug in Lucky magazine. Where is your stuff usually sold??? Wondering if I ever see any of it in Cincinnati.

3:28 PM

 
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

you are such a world traveler! i would love to live in your fast pace shoes for a day:)

12:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home