Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Monday, September 05, 2005

Washcloths and flying cars

This will likely be the last entry until I'm well in China.
A few things come to mind...

Our nation's tragedy in the Pan Handle -- continueing on the my soap-box... here's another group making a difference one wash cloth at a time that will be given to displaced Pan Handlers...
www.yarn.comSee: KNITNANA or simply sign up for the Cloths For Katrin KAL to help

Reminder of places to send funds, place change and send your extra linens/blankets etc:
Send your Extra Bedding (linens/quilts/afghans)

To my friends in Hong Kong -- I'll be seeing you for some knitting on September 24th. If any of you feel moved to knit up a square for a blanket (9" x 7") or a washcloth (I can forward some links for patterns if you don't have any) -- I'll gladly carry them back to the US and ship them to the needed parties.

A Page of links for everything from donating that spare change in the jar by your bed to whipping up some crafts to sell all in the name of lending a hand... these and many more can be found on Dani's Blog's Hurricaine Katrina Relief Efforts page.

www.yarn.com On a non-hurricaine note... if you haven't voted yet -- you've just over a week before I pick a name for a fun prize!!

Tomorrow - - - I was able to score some SUPER-inexpensive tickets to an early show of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for Tuesday night. A nice way to spend my last night in NYC for a while.

I'm off to dig out my cotton yarn skeins so that I can knit up some washcloths & some wool yarn for squares for blanket squares while traveling!
And...to PACK!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberli, looking forward to see you on the 24th. I've got a biggish square (about 12"), do you think it'll be any good for the blanket?

10:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 3 8 x 8 squares done so far for my SnB blanket and loving doing them!

Thanks for the link to my page - I hope it helps someone find some way they too can make a difference!

Have a safe trip and hurry home!!

11:36 PM

 
Blogger J. said...

do me a huge favor and say hi to Taipei for me - HK as well. I miss being there more than I thought I would and I must say I am jealous that you are heading back. Have a great trip and enjoy yourself, have a dumpling or 2 for me.

7:08 AM

 
Blogger bethanie said...

Kimberli! Thank you so much for the RAOK! I know I will use the yarn - you can't go wrong with black! Thanks so much - you made my day!

4:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the links.

Hope you have a great trip.

5:48 PM

 
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

thanks for all the info, really appreciate it..as always have a safe trip to china!

9:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home