Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Saturday, January 15, 2005

THE POPCORN EXPERIENCE

I wish I could share this with you all in person.
During my previous trips we have had many discussions about food. Last trip (October '04) the topic of POPCORN came up! I decided this trip to bring with me a variety of different flavour microwave popcorns since the kitchenette off of my workroom is equipt with a microwave. Mag (factory manager) had the same idea and also picked some up in Hong Kong (PoP Secret which she found in a Japanese Department store -- imported from the US!) None of the folks, including MAG, that I work with had ever seen/heard or tried popcorn! So when the bag began to POP in the microwave - they all fell silent! Worry struck a few faces and I had to convince them it was OK - and the banging sounds were SUPPOSED to be happening! Then the smell began -- that allure of popping corn... and smiles fell over every face. The crowd grew by a few who came to find out what the smell was. They worried that the bag was going to EXPLODE! Again, I convinced them to watch and enjoy the smell.
How'd it go over - a TOTAL CROWD PLEASER! I brought a few American DVDs (all having some hat content so that there's an excuse to view them) and a few nights while I'm here we'll pop a bag and watch a film -- AMERICAN STYLE! :-)
I can't wait to hear the oppinions of Kettle Corn as opposed to 94% fat free butter flavour!
It really is the little things in life isn't it?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome story! I love it. It just goes to show that we take lots of things for granted here in the U.S.

xoxoxo

M

6:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is TOO funny. I love it. Something we grew up with and are so familiar with. It is a kind of quirky thing that happens in that microwave though, isn't it?
~ Linda

6:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh kim that is hysterical! I'm imagining the faces...worrying! :)
good story, you.
love
D

11:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the popcorn story.
Mom

9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home