Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Sunday, January 16, 2005

DIGGING INTO THE STASH!

So I couldn't sleep last night - darn jet lag. I opened up the pattern for the fingerless gloves that Jody designed and looked them over.
I had picked up some dpns in the market too - but the largest size they had in short dpns (not long witch are about 18" long!!!) is a US 5. The bamboo dpns were super affordable (8 for a dollar!) I got 2 sizes in bamboo and 3 or 4 sizes in metal (at $1.50 for 8pcs.)
Jody's pattern calls for a US 8... AND, I'm using super fine yarn -- pulling from 4 skeins to make it thick enough for my needs! So - I've begun to rewrite the pattern a bit to accomidate my needs. you know - CO 56 instead of CO 40... etc. Tmis means that with the higher stitches-per-inch count I'll have 2 extra cables across and the cabling is much more delicate. It fits lovely when I slide it over my wrist!
The cashmere yarn is JUST YUMMY to work with. MMMMMMMMMMM!

Not a bad project to work on with jet-lag. Easier than the lacey scarf due to the eyelashes that keep catching. I need to be alert and aware when knitting that project. It's time for gym, shower, breakfast and work. Happy Monday! (I'm 13 hours ahead of you folks in the US!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Gewel said...

I think I love your blog. I'm an ex-fashionista (I lived in 1410 BWay for the first part of my adult life,) and I really enjoyed the pics of the city and the insider fashion stuff. Thanks!

8:04 AM

 
Blogger vaguelyweird said...

Hey -- the pdf for the pattern is gone. Do you happen to have a copy? I'd love to give those fingerless gloves a try.

1:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home