Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, January 09, 2009

Happy and Sad

It's often the little things isn't it?
Today I had to throw away my mug. The mug that I drink my coffee in. Have that cup of soup in. The mug that makes me smile and maybe even giggle when I pull it out of the cabinet.

It's my foolish Uncle Donut mug that I picked up years ago in the mall at the Peak in Hong Kong at, duh, Uncle Gene's Donuts. They make mini donuts and serve them with a variety of dipping sauces. Perhaps I'll makeit back to the peak of these trips. It's just so out of the way from where my work brings me in HK.

Rather than dwelling, I met up with my friend Allegra for an early breakfast at my local diner, the Metro Diner.

She was in town for an interview and we were lucky to be able to meet up! I figured I'd best take this opportunity to give her her house warming/holiday gift!!

By the way --- if there's anyone who's reading this who needs a wonderfully talented designer of children's clothing/textiles etc., drop me a line as she's just WONDERFUL!!! (Damned layoffs!) Full time? Freelance? Let me know!

It was a wonderful way to start the day after the mug incident.

Thanks for meeting for breakfast!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home