Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Saturday, February 09, 2008


Happy Saturday!!!

Today was a blast! Busy and more fun than I've had in AGES!!! I state here that I forgot my camera at home and have no photos to show...unless Wardell and Jo(anna) send me theirs! :-)

I started by meeting 13 friends for an early brunch in Chinatown at Jing Fong for Dim Sum! Yuuuum! Snails, chicken feet, clams...choy sum, bok choy and dumplings! Yum yum yum was had by most all.

From here about 10 of us popped up to Yoqua - a new frozen yogurt shop that was opening that day by friends of a friend...so we checked it out. If you like frozen yogurt in yogurt flavor, you'll love it. They top it with so many fresh fruits. I...I can't STAND yogurt flavored yogurt. EWE! I tried one of their smoothies..and got through about half of the small cup before I was feeling ill...so, no more yogurt for me. :-) Everyone else seemed to enjoy it though! I wish them the BEST BEST of luck with the small shop. The staff was very friendly and was eager to get responses from us all.

From here I was treated to a ride home in a car - not a taxi but a CAR - a rarity in NYC! Thanks to my friend Bill. Next? Naptime!!! (Jetlag still kicking in a little.)

Napped...dressed...and dashing to the subway!!!

Where to?

Well, Wardell and Lisa invited me to join them for a Swing Dance lesson with the Spin Doctors at the American Ballroom Dance Studio/Pierre Dulaine Dance Club!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Nope -- the day isn't over yet...it's only 7:30pm!!! What to do, what to do... Dinner!

So 5 of us headed out to Pho 32 & Shabu for a tasty (and inexpensive!) dinner. YUUUM!

Full and laughing we walked out into Koreatown and began to wander looking for some more fun! Found it at Chorus Music Room -- Karaoke anyone? Sure!!! We sang and laughed here for FOUR HOURS!!! What FUN!!!!

Thanks all -- after how things have been since my return to NYC, I REALLY REALLY needed a day like this.

I have some of the best friends in NYC that any girl could ask for!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home