Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Surprise!!!

One of the reasons that I came home these for 10 days between trips was to be at this surprise party for Emmanuel's 40th Birthday!
Jo and Karthika planned a wonderful party!

Let me apologize now for the awful photos! I'm still not sure what the setting was that I had my camera on - but these are the BEST of the aweful shots! There are a few good ones - then ???

We rented a room at Japas38 for sushi/drinks/karaoke. Guests rolled in around 7:45pm to decorate and settle in.

I forgot that I had that hat on and wore it almost all night. It wasn't until I was in the restroom and a girl wished me Happy Birthday that I looked in the mirror and saw it still on. Occupational hazard I guess.

Emmanuel and Jo arrived at 8pm. He walked in being shown the room by waitstaff and we all pounced!!!

"Surprise!!"
But wait...There's MORE!!!
Jo had arranged the most lovely surprise!

Emmanuel has lived in NYC around 10 years (I think) and his brother, who still lives in Paris, had yet to be able to visit him. Jo arranged it as a surprise and JP arrived just after the initial surprise.

I don't think I've ever seen Emmanuel run so fast as to greet his brother at the door! Those are his hands out int he right side of the photo above (left.)

Wonderful!
Many of us had met JP in Paris last spring at Jo and Emmanuel's wedding. It was good to see him again.

From there the party rolled for two hours of eating and singing and eating and drinking and singing. No complaints were made by anyone...what would there be to complain about?
When our two hours were up we parted ways with the birthday boy who was going home to his son and to spend time with his unexpected weekend house guest!



Those who were left moved on around the corner to the Gingerman for a few rounds of pints and laughs. What a great group of people. Thanks for a wonderful night all and HAPPY 40th Emmanuel!!!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home