Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Friday, April 18, 2008

Queen's with the Queen!

Michelle (Queen of Karaoke) and Bill invited me out to Queen's for a night of Chinese food and karaoke. Bill was kind enough to pick me up at my house on his way through Manhattan (Thanks Bill!!) We drove straight to Queens to Michelle's house to pick her up.

A local spot that Bill has frequented for years and Michelle has gone to lately as well offers karaoke on Wednesday & Friday nights. It had been far too long since Michelle and I had done Karaoke and it was the first time I'd ever gone with Bill. Michelle's nieces joined us too (although they didn't sing - eham - Next time Ladies!!!)


Upon entering this Tiki laden restaurant I was transported back to my childhood and a similar restaurant in New Hampshire. It was the first time I'd seen a Pu-Pu platter on a menu since I was in college. Fun!!


There was a birthday party going on which filled a large part of the room. They looked like frequent fliers as many nodded to Bill as he walked us to our table.


We ordered up the food and sat back to enjoy the show. People of all ages took turns singing their hearts out, including us!!


After a lovely night, Bill dropped us off at Michelle's where I had my first, of what I hope to be many, Queen's slumber parties! Michelle, I'm looking forward to my next visit!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home