Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Thursday, December 30, 2004

NEW LEG WARMERS PATTERN - FREE:
Knitting during the Christmas holiday...I designed a pair of leg warmers for my dear friend Kerry. She wears tall boots, tights and shorter wool skirts all winter long and I think these will help to keep her legs toasty whilest she navigates the NYC streets to work!

Her birthday is in a few weeks -- but I hope to get them to her next week before I head back to Asia!

When I pulled out the finished one to show my sister-in-law yesterday, my niece said "SOCK!" She loves socks and insisted on trying it on! She looked perplexed that there was no foot to this sock! :-)

YARN:
Plymouth Encore Colorspun D.K.
Color: 7991
Content: 75% Acrylic, 25% Wool
Machine Washable and Dryable 80F degrees

Since it's double knitting weight and I am using size 8 needles (rather than the reccomended size 5 or 6), I'm knitting with 2 strands together (see top photo.)
FREE PATTERN now found HERE.
The top cuff can be folded down (as in photo) or up if you need extra length!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberli. I was looking for a pair to leg warmers to knit, and I ran across yours. I absolutely love them. They are just what I have been looking for. Do you think I could get the pattern to make these?

thank you.
Corrine Mosburg
Kansas City
mosburgfamily@sbcglobal.net

3:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberli! My daughter is a dance student and I think she'd love these cute, simple, chunky leg warmers. Is the offer of the pattern still available?

Thanks! Sharon (sharon dot zakhour at sun dot com) (I'm trying to thwart any software that grabs emails for spamming...)

11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home