Creativity and Ramblings from the heart of NYC and around the World

Monday, September 20, 2004


Ooooh -- the chill is in the air -- Now it REALLY FEELS LIKE KNITTING TIME! Last week I had the pleasure of meeting so many lovely women at Kara's Yarn Swap (a brimming success I think!) Everyone brought home some FABULOUS yarns and the rest were donated to charity. A good time was had by all!

I started a new project -- yes, I have a bunch of UFO's still -- I've begun to knit CLAPOTIS, a fun scarf from by Kate Gilbert. It's the first item I've ever knitted on the bias AND the first where I will be dropping stitches purposely. :-) The yarn I'm using is a fabulous two-color space-dyed number that I bought in Hong Kong. In various autumnal colors. :-)

CLAPOTIS ala Kimberli



I had to take a break from the bright-blue Muppet-like capelet that I'm almost finished with.
I'll be taking CLAPOTIS and a new project - HALLOWIG - to China with me later this week.

I'm knitting the wig for a local children's production of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory --- for the Umpaloompas. Then it's on to Christmas gifts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home